Molly Ringworm

Hmm, where to begin with my going-ons. Work has kicked into high gear, which is a blessing with the recent job reports. My car stopped in the middle of Memorial Blvd. After $220, it is believed that my car was just out of gas. Seriously! Classes have started back. I hate to admit it, but I really could use another week away from my classes to tell the truth. So last week, I noticed a red spot on my neck. First thoughts...dry skin? carpet burn? curling iron mark? They didn't make sense to me either, but those were my initial reactions to this strange, quarter size mark on the base of my neck.

Wake up this morning, there is a perfect red circle. So, I cover up with a turtleneck and head to work. When I get to work, I show and tell. It's unanimous. I have ringworm! Freaking out on the inside, I casually laugh it off. I can't have ringworm. I haven't been in contact with any pets that I could remember. So, I sat down at my desk. Imagining worms crawling around under my skin, which if you know me at all, starts making me woozy. I decided that I needed to see a doctor, quick.

So, I was preparing to go. I moved ever so careful in my office chair and then POW! My chair flung me forward and my chair broke in half. This all happened before 11am. Needless to say, I wanted to call it day. I dashed out the door to my lovely car that awaited me in the parking lot. Sidenote: My car hates me again for taking it into the shop that it is retaliating against me through the radio..again! It open and closes, back and forth. Unless, I physically hold it for more than 5 minutes.

Anyway, I get to the doctor. I waited for her for about an hour. Finally, she comes in and looks at the growing circle located where a trachea would go. She started asking a series of questions.

"Do I own any pets?" No.
"Have I come into contact with any pets?" No.

"Do I have any children?" No.
"Have I come into contact with any children?" No.

"Have I been playing in the dirt?" No.
"Have I come into contact with anyone who has played in the dirt?" Seriously, No.

"Are you a swimmer?" No. "A wrestler?" No, No, No!

Photo: Not my actual ring, my camera can't take the picture correctly. This picture is close to what it looks like though.

Really, there was not a question she asked that I said yes to. So... after a short deliberation. I have ring worm! She said if that isn't it, then I have eczema. So, I have the worm cream and hoping for the best! My dad thinks I got it from the nasty Corolla (that Kris made me rent while the car was in the shop). So, my new name is Molly Ringworm dubbed by Kris.

No comments: