Achy Breaky Back

Our blog is so neglected. I guess we both stopped sharing because all we were sharing was gloomy news. Well, today I have elected to see the brighter side of life. Okay, I'm not fooling anyone... but I have been more energetic and positive lately so maybe I'm coming back to life, as we know it. For those following at home: Jenny has endured countless surgeries, exploratory medical adventures, every mishap and complication you could throw at woman within the last 13 months. I'm done with it... well not really, but I'm on the downhill, I hope. Got a great report about the rods and screws. They are holding. This isn't my back, but it looks similar.

Through all of this, my wonderful husband and very loving family moved us to Mt. Juliet. Even though our address has been in Wilson County since April, I'm just now living here and exploring our new lands. We live in a new apartment complex within Providence. Yes, I ate tons of crow when we signed the papers. But, we weren't ready for a house commitment with all the medical adventures and uncertainty.

What we have learned since moving in:

1. We HATE (and I use this term in its fullest context) our upstairs neighbor. She is a recently divorced woman who takes out every emotion on her vacuum cleaner. Seriously, I'm not kidding. She will vacuum her apartment 3 times a day! Stop the insanity! Kris and I have to calmly talk each other down from marching up there and kicking her Hoover to the curb.

2. We (well, I) dislike apartment lighting and blinds. I took the blinds down as soon as I saw them. I know its against Section 89b, but puh-lease. Talk about tacky!

3. Water is black gold in Wilson County. Our water bill rivals the cable bill. I think I need to go into the water business here. I could make millions.

4. Though we enjoy having everything at our finger tips (i.e. Providence). We miss the idiosyncrasies of the Boro. There isn't any redlight cameras, one street having four different names, random festivals in the square, driving 30 mins to get across town... There isn't a Hastings, Slick Pig, Toot's, Demo's, All Souped Up... I think I'm hungry.

5. Swimming in a salt water pool can lead to poison ivy. That's all I'm going to say about that one.

Well, I promise to start blogging again. It may end up being quite therapeutic for me.

No comments: