I've Just Seen a Face!



I have found my Paul McCartney substitute in Jim Sturgess, Jude in the film. Kris and I finally got to see Across the Universe, which is amazing if you love the Beatles and are open to interpretation. There are so many amazing talents in this movie. Jim is cut from the same cloth that made Paul McCartney a legend and has the voice to match. Oh, that English accent... so dreamy!
 

Sidenote: He is playing opposite another fave actor of mine, Kevin Spacey, in the upcoming film "21," which I have been looking forward to since I read the book, "Bringing Down the House."

Another unexpected talent is Dana Fuchs, who plays Sadie in the film. Wow! She has chops! I'm so impressed with her that I can't wait until I get her album.


The movie is a visual masterpiece and the song sequences are indescribable. I got chills during a lot of the scenes. Kris said I was laughing a lot, which I can only account for all the Beatles references. They were unassuming and surprised even me the Beatle fanatic. If you see it, look for Joe Cocker, Bono, and Salma Hayek.

Synopsis: A dock worker Jude (Jim Sturgess) travels to America in the 1960s to find his estranged father. There he falls in love with sheltered American teenager Lucy (Evan Rachel Wood). When her brother Max (Joe Anderson) is drafted to fight in the Vietnam War, they become involved in peace activism. The film title and main characters are named after various songs by The Beatles.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i loved across the universe...i'm not surprised you loved it too.