Eat Your Vegetables!

As soon as I saw my TiVo-ed Oprah with Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry's wife), I realized why I am a picky eater. My taste buds haven't matured because I was never exposed to bitter vegetables when I was little bit. Of course, I enjoyed my peas, lettuce, and okra but the vegetables were limited. This new cookbook is genius. My future children stand a chance to make it to the other side of childhood's common food dislikes unlike their stunted mother. I am considered a "white" child (not talking about my skin color, but my food taste). Dr. Oz categorizes any child who limits their food palette to only white foods as a "white child."

  
 

It was neat to hear that it isn't my fault that I hate veggies, but biologically we are trained to stay away from vegetables because of the bitter taste. Bitter taste = poison in the olden days. So, children stayed away from bitter and were attracted to the sweet tasting foods. Check out oprah.com and the cookbook. She purees everything and hides it in the "good" foods that her children will eat. BRILLIANT!! I'm so doing this when we have children. So sneaky, I like it!




No comments: