Tuesday Mayhem
So the story goes like this....
Last Tuesday, Kris and I were downstairs. We heard a crash sound or maybe a plank breaking... not sure but it was loud. Kris shrugged it off as the neighbors being loud again. I knew different, but didn't look until I was ready to come upstairs. About 15 minutes past, I went upstairs and carefully peaked out our bedroom window, which overlooks efficiency apartments. So at first glance, nothing was going on. I didn't see anyone. I was about to pull away from the window until I heard a dog barking to the left down the makeshift alley between the townhomes and apartments.
Then, I see this man stumbling to the right of my window. He started calling out some name for the dog, I guess. He called for it twice, then I saw 3 police officers appear out of the darkness on the left. They had their guns drawn on the man and asking him to lay down. He was shouting that he was trying to get the dog in the house. It should be noted that the dog never acknowledged his calls.
The man kept moving away from the police officers. They yelled louder. He went for a door of the nearest apartment. Then... out of nowhere this guy in a cavalier vest pommeled the guy to the ground. It was straight out of COPS. They handcuffed him and kept yelling for him to stay still. Then, they busted the door in and did a house sweep (another COPS move).
There was a man and woman smoking something (insert your own picture.) They got handcuffed and dragged out. Then the spectacle started. More police ascended to the area from every direction. They were on the roof, they were in bushes, they were on the ground with flashlights. A couple had SWOT on their vests. It was a sight. Of course, I yelled for Kris to come upstairs and enjoy the free, lively show.
This went on for about 45 minutes. The detectives searched the apartment and questioned the people from what I could gather. I did ask two different police officers at two different times during this chaotic scene, "what was going on?" Both times, I was given the answer "Everything is okay, no need to worry!" I stayed and watched until I couldn't bear the cold wind blowing in my face. It was crazy. I think from now on every time I feel upset, I'm going to picture that man getting pommeled to the ground and remember my life isn't that bad.

No comments:
Post a Comment