Red, White, Pink
It's Valentine's Day or so the calendar says... I haven't blogged in over 2 months (sorry Kassie). We have been so busy with our move, new business venture, another surgery, and all that comes with day-to-day life. However, I am finding my grove and adjusting to the new schedule. When I think about holidays, I think of them in terms of colors. Maybe it's my kindergarten brain, but you know Christmas (Red, Green), Thanksgiving (Yellow, Orange, Brown), Halloween (Orange, Black), and alas Valentine's Day (Red, White, Pink). So in honor of my blogging return... I bring you my Red, White, Pink thoughts.
Red - Ketchup. I love it. I put it on many common food products, but I think it's a common fix to any dinner mishap. Just add Ketchup and it all tastes good. For years, I have had to endure many fast food lunches/dinners without my favorite condiment because of those pain-in-the-neck packets. You know the ones that Sonic gives you too much of, even if you just order ice cream from them. So due to this messy dilemma, I just avoid it all costs. However, the Australians have found the solution to our sticky problem. Their new design is something all food chains should strive for, you can Squeeze AND Dip. I hope they adopt this new design before I order my next Happy Meal!White - I'm heading to Mexico soon. Well, visiting my grandparents who live right by the border and I will be crossing over to the Land of the Nachos. So, I had to renew my expired passport. I went to Walgreen's and took the 2X2 picture. I knew it would take a bit, so I went through the aisles and picked up a few items for the house. I heard over the store intercom, "Doss, please return to the photo lab desk." Just thinking the picture was ready for me, I continued with my shopping and went down another aisle. Then, the Walgreen's woman sought me out in the store and said, "I need you at the desk!" I shrugged her off and said that I would finish my shopping and would be up there shortly. I finished and approached the desk. The woman informed me that I had to retake my picture. Really? Why? I saw it on the screen and it was fine. Reason: there wasn't enough of a contrast between me and the WHITE background. It didn't meet Federal standards. Seriously, now the government is telling me that I'm too white. Geez!
P!nk - I get a little obsessive when it comes to film and music. I get stuck on something and play it to its death. Lately, I have been on non-stop replay of P!nk's Funhouse album. I had it pre-Grammy's, but in all the day-to-day life I didn't give it the attention it deserved. I have always thought Pink has an amazing voice and songwriting abilities, but I love how you can connect with an artist on a certain level. Like you can feel the song lyrics... I think Oprah said it was like being "wrapped in the song" when P!nk sang "Glitter in the Air" at the Grammy's. It was a great moment that I have watched over and over. I love how she got everyone wet, but more importantly - she didn't lip-sync her song even while swinging from silks in mid-air. Amazing! However, when she sang "I Don't Believe You" on Oprah, I held my breath and could feel the heartache in those words. Check it out and check her after the interview with Oprah when she dissects her Grammy performance. It's worth the viewing. My Valentine present is the Funhouse Tour DVD. I'm guessing my obsession will burn out just in time for American Idol top 10 performances.



No comments:
Post a Comment