Spring, Sprang, Sprung

Spring is here and it's got me beat. Sure, I love the sunshine, the flowers, the flip flops, and all it brings. However, I have been stuck in doors mostly doing lots of computer work for our upcoming launch and (it's a big AND) I have been sick for almost 2 weeks. I can't shake it. I have been popping every kind of quil you can have. I was generous with my cold/cough/keep-me-up-all-night/pain-in-the-butt virus, I shared it with my family over Easter weekend. Not sure if they appreciated my Spring gift, but it was comforting to know I wasn't the only one suffering. I wish it had some advantage to me like Phoebe on Friends. Remember, she sang better when she had a cold. "Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat" "My Stinky Shoes..."

Even being sick, I did manage to do some scouting for our upcoming home shows and leisurely stroll a few spots in Jackson and Pinson. Kris and I went antique shopping. I found this Marshall amplifier. I love its style and font design. It would look great on a book shelf holding up some Vinyl Records in billiard or a man cave. After seeing it all I could do for the rest of the day was quote Spinal Tap, "These go to eleven!" Kris tried on a Bomber jacket and quoted Top Gun to me, so we were even. He won't let me post the picture of him in it on here, but he did look Maverick-y to me. We also spotted some old theater chairs. I didn't like that someone redid the seats, but they were cool to see and only for $125 for the set. I didn't go home empty-handed, of course. I scored a vinyl recording of Beatles for Sale. So, I'm ready to rock out whenever I can get a new record needle. 
Then, my mom and brother joined me for my salvage/junk yard run. We are looking for a few industrial items for displays. Mind you, I could look at scraps all day long and daydream. So, we went out to south Jackson and looked around. We didn't score anything, but I saw this railroad trestle I liked. You may see an old railroad log in the middle of a junk yard, but I see a potential family room mantle or headboard or kid's bench or garden divider or... I could go on.

We then stopped at a few more antique shops and then Four Seasons Nursery for some moss. I loved the design aesthetic of their hanging ferns, but I couldn't stay in there too long with all of the strong aromas.  I love the look of cut flowers, but I'm not sure I have the patience to learn how to plant and tend to them. Next, we were heading back into town and noticed the Flea Market was going on... and of course we had to stop. I hadn't been in years and it brought back a few memories of funnel cake and knock-off jewelry, but overall I wasn't impressed with what it has become or maybe my memories were inflated a bit with grandeur. Colby bought a neat army glass jug, so I guess it was worth the trip. The most interesting item there was a box of crackers that looked like it had been kicked all over the parking lot and had better days, for only .50! What a bargain! Come on folks, don't sell used groceries at a flea market. Maybe I should have bought their homemade elixir to rid me of this awful virus. Spring has sprung and won so far!

No comments: