I have seen Paul McCartney three times. I have met two Beatles. I have one Ringo to go. Kris and I went to the Paul McCartney concert last Monday with two of my college friends Kevin and Allison Thompson. We got there early so I could star stalk Paul. We got there just a few minutes after he went in. Boo! We met a few of his stage truckers, press, and rabid fans until we decided to eat the sports grille formerly known as Eddie George's. We went in the back way and somehow ended up at a table that we thought was part of the bar, but got to remain there by the manager skipping the hour and half wait. We ate our hamburgers while jamming out to McCartney's greatest hits. We finished and then went out the way we came in, the correct door this time. It's worth noting that when we went into the restaurant, there were about 50 people standing on the streets outside of the arena. When we reappeared, there were about 700 people waiting in long lines. I have been to many concerts, but a hour and a half before the concert I have never seen that many people out in front of the arena.
There were metal detectors going full blast and everyone was anxiously waiting for the doors to open. We found our way in and up to we-are-broke-but-still-want-to-rock seats. Of course, we had the older men and women reliving their misguided youth. There was the I'm-too-drunk-to-know-where-I-am people in front of us. Then, my personal favorite - pot smokers. Really? Inside the arena, you are smoking pot. They must have really enjoyed the Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da trippy light show. Overall, we had a wonderful time and Paul didn't disappoint anyone. It had all the great components of a pure rock n' roll show, including two jam-packed Beatles encores. I didn't get to do my normal concert antics during and after the concert since I had conservative Kris with me. Though I didn't see my boy again up close, we had a wonderful time and I'm glad we got to enjoy the living legend together.
Setlist 1. Venus and Mars/Rockshow 2. Jet 3. All My Loving 4. Letting Go 5. Got To Get You Into My Life 6. Highway(The Fireman cover) 7. Let Me Roll It 8. The Long And Winding Road 9. Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five 10. Let 'Em In
No comments:
Post a Comment