Little Art

Art is subjective and in the eye of the beholder. I remember seeing some Yoko Ono's art installations from the 60's and in particular one titled "YES" the one that John Lennon saw and feel in love with her. I don't get her art viewpoint. I don't get most art, but I know it is supposed to invoke an emotion, a feeling, perhaps a conversation. So, in retrospect, I guess she accomplished her goal. She made her art, she started the conversation, and she got her man. (and broke up The Beatles - I'm still hurt by that one!)
Remember The Littles? This art installation reminded me of that cartoon, but I guess bigger than that it reminds me of how small we are in the eyes of God. We are just ants marching around building our little ant hills. Sometimes, we focus so intently on building our ant hills that we forget why we are and what purposes our lives have. Again, I guess art has me thinking which invoked an emotion and now a conversation within myself. Art 2, Jenny 0

No comments: