A Month of Tuesdays
So…where to begin, my life has been off kilter for the last month and a half. I have been living a perpetual month of Tuesdays. That’s right a month of Tuesdays. Mondays, you know to expect the unexpected. They are full of surprises and of course all those items from last week’s to do list that were conveniently shifted to this week’s must do list. They are a disruption from your restful weekend. You dread Mondays.
Wednesdays are the pivotal points in the work week where you are halfway through the week and are already daydreaming about the upcoming weekend’s possibilities. If you are having a bad week, then the week is almost over. If you are having an okay week so far, then you are hoping all goes the same for the next two days. Thursdays are nonchalant you can always downplay your slowness because it’s the end of the week, who can blame you for not being at full speed. Also, silently you are thinking “Thank goodness that tomorrow is Friday.” I think Fridays speak for themselves and have their own slogan (TGIF.) However, Tuesdays are the worse. You have just had a Monday and you have to follow-up with everything that went wrong the day before and on top of all of that you are now fully realizing how long your work week will be. You have to work at full potential because you have no excuse for being tired. Tuesdays are the new Mondays.
I have had a month of Tuesdays. I finished summer session with a bang! I made an A in my Quantitative Statistics course. I actually made a 100 on the last exam, which was the hardest exam of all. I have become the adult learner that we all hated in undergrad. Well…without all the hand raising. I love ruining the curve. I have started the Fall Semester with a bang too. I am taking 3 courses, which means that I am a full time student now. I know I’m overloaded, but I’m a nerd again. I love learning and being around like minds.
Also, Kris has started another soccer season. He is playing on a team and coaching a high school boy’s team. We are passing each other throughout the week. He goes to the fields and I go to school. Our weekends are cluttered as well with games and my one class that has turned into an overloading of the brain. Too much to explain there. I wanted to give everyone an update and try to explain where we are in our lives.
We went home last weekend to visit my grandfather. He had hip replacement surgery. I had a great moment with him in his hospital room. He was asking me about my classes and my future. I actually felt like he was really proud of me. Of course this moment was being had with the usual family backdrop of my crazy family. I think I should really try to pitch a reality show about my family’s craziness. It needs to be documented. We are not right in the head. We laugh at any occasion. It was a great shot of family that I needed. It looks like September is going to be another doozy, but I’m looking forward to some milestones. My mother’s 50th birthday is this month and our first anniversary is coming up. Time really flies. I can’t believe a year has gone by so quickly. So, here’s looking forward to a month of Fridays!

No comments:
Post a Comment