Do You Lilac It?

I'm not one to get my nails done. The reasons are simple: time, money, and computer work. I don't give myself that much time to spend on myself. I rather spend the money on something else and in the end I'm always working on the computer and nails would get in the way. Painted nails would distract me too much. I could count on two hands how many times I have had my fingernails and toenails painted. It's not that I'm against it. I think they always look nice when they are done, but again for me it's... time, money, computer work.


Nail polish will always remind me of my cousin Anna. Anytime, I see a bottle I think of her. Even at the ripe old age of eight, she had her "go to" bag of nail polishes. Not just any bag, this bag had every kind of nail polish out there, plus every tool you could use on your nails. Some tools, to this day, I have yet to figure out. She would spend hours on end painting all of her nails and anyone in arm's reach that would stay seated for her. She was a girly-girl through and through. When we stayed over at each other's houses, I would beg her to play restaurant or movie rental store instead of painting her nails or dress-up. Though sometimes I had to concede and we would end up playing beauty parlor and as always, I ended up with the neon orange or blue metallic nails.

So, this post is for my cousin Anna. OPI launched an interactive nail polish widget under the tab "Try On This Color." You can customize your nail length and skin color to your own, so you can find that perfect shade for your phalanges. I like innovation and I can appreciate this interactive selling tool even if it's pushing nail polish. I did mine hand, but they didn't have my translucent skin color loaded yet. I went with "Do You Lilac It?" The name grabbed me. I'm such a marketing push-over, but at least it isn't neon orange.

No comments: