Evening Post
We went to see Evening the other evening (hee hee). Yes, Kris went to see it without any struggle. However, I was not pleased with the plot. When you are able to bring so many talented actresses together onscreen, the first thing you need is to have a well thought out script. There were too many questions that should have been answered or angles covered, but instead this blah-remembrance film was a generalization with no true meaning or point. I hate to be harsh with such a great cast and so much potential. The movie did have a great set-up, but no pay off. I have listed below the only five reasons why you would want to see Evening.
You get to see...
1. Claire Danes through out the entire film. She carries the entire movie. (I heart Angela and Jordan!)
2. Claire's current co-star turned boyfriend (Hugh Dancy) and giggle that he comes off very feminine onscreen.
3. real life mother-daughter duos onscreen. (Vanessa Redgrave and Natasha Richardson; Meryl Streep and Mamie Gunner)
4. Claire Danes singing "Time after Time" (not the Cyndi Lauper song)
5. a stylized portrayal of the 1950's, with all of the cars, dresses, and music.






No comments:
Post a Comment