Time after Time
I talk to people daily. My job consists of talking, talking, and more talking. Whether I am selling or interviewing, I'm talking. Minute after minute. I sometimes find myself rephrasing a conversation in my head. Thinking could I have said that better? Do they think I'm an idiot? It amazes me how much dialogue goes on my head on a day to day basis. I am constantly thinking about my next move, my next project, my next to do list item that I can check off, and ultimately how I can get back into bed and relax. My relaxing time now consists of lying in bed with a book and the TV on a news channel or HGTV. I know, I have turned into a middle-aged woman over the past month.
Graduate school is throwing kinks into my time managed schedule. I'm studying, sitting in class, or taking a test in the scheduling office. I forgot how involved you are with school. Undergraduate was a dream compared to graduate school.
I think - scratch that - I know that I goofed off during undergraduate. Now, I am in "big girl" school. I see the value in my Master's and I am trying to keep positive, but it is draining the time out of me. I spoke to a candidate the other day on the phone and he said that it had been a "minute" since he applied with us. I laughed naturally and said, "That's funny, I don't remember you being here a minute ago." He said, "No, no, like a month or two ago." I said, "I'm glad you cleared that up because I was beginning to think I was living in slow motion."
Time is relevant. I am finding that out the hard way. Time is the value you put on an event. The time you allow for things to happen. Time is moving fast for me these days. I'm just rambling because my imposed study break is up. I'm out of time in so many ways. I will have to think about that later when I have time.

No comments:
Post a Comment