"What are you doing? Hibernating?"

Where have we been? What are we up to? I hear all of your questions and I’m prepared to take the 5th. Well, November ended with a bang. We were preparing for Kris’ new job and Christmas. Then with all the holidays’ madness, we imposed hibernation on ourselves. We cut back going out, we cut out a lot. We slept, we watched football (yeah I was in the room while it was on, so that counts), we tried to clean and pack for whenever we finally get to move, and really I don’t know where the rest of the time went. With the writer's strike on, I guess I showed some solidarity for their strife and didn't blog. It is really messing up our award season and pilot watching.

For 2008, changes are in the air. Change is hard and we are both learning that change is not easy, even if it appears it would be. We are learning to lean on each other more and more each day. We are supporting each other when the other can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. We know God designed, has, and knows the plan for our lives. We wish we could see the whole map sometimes and avoid the scenic routes that cause us to run out of gas.

Speaking of cars…(nice segue) The other day at work, I was talking to my Branch Manager and Unit Partner. We were all having a chat and Dave said, “Look, Smoke!” Silently hoping it was my car. Then as quickly as I picturing my new Murano, I reminded myself that I don’t have insurance that covers fires. I opened my eyes and saw a Honda Accord in flames. I’m talking spitting flames. Heavy smoke was thickening the air around a shiny black Camero. I was waiting for the Die Hard blow up moment, but nothing happened. I did get to witness the fireman soaking the car with an inch of its life. But hey just another day at Jackson Heights Plaza.

While I’m mentioning the ghetto, we had more bum poo. So, I guess a bum decided to discharge, if you will, behind a flower pot that belonged to the fancy, ritzy neighboring store which promptly caused them to put up signs on their windows that read, “RELOCATION SALE!!” That’s right, someone is finally pushing back against the poo. When asked, the store’s employees said the owner has had it and she is leaving but doesn’t know where to move to. So the countdown is on until we get to move. If they move, we have to go. They are the only legitimate business on the block. Sidenote: Someone stole our drug screening pickup box. It was there for one night with a drug screen in it that had to be picked up at night. The entire box was ripped off the door. I guess someone thought it was a special treat for them.

Did I mention that I’m addicted to Sodoku? That’s right and I do it in pen. Since I’m done with all my DVD’s and school hasn't started back, I find myself Sodoking? like crazy. I have, (and I can admit this now,) ripped out a puzzle from a borrowed newspaper. I’m a nerd. I know I am lagging in the trend department, but it keeps my mind going.

I finished Party of Five seasons. Great show, I have something in mind for a blog about the show, but I will have to wait until I have a couple hours. Anyways, 90210 Season 3 came out and I finished it in a week. It was just as I remembered…Dylan’s father blowing up, Kelly overdosing, Brandon saving everyone, Brenda being dramatic…such a great show! So, I’m waiting on my Canadian imports, seasons 4-10. I also located a dealer with Thirtysomething, Cosby, Wonder Years, Growing Pains. I have a whole year of fun ahead of me.



Speaking of movies, I was checking if you were still reading this rant. Kris and I have been out to the theater twice in the past few weeks. We saw August Rush and P.S. I Love You. August Rush is very uplifting and full of great music. The plot is a stretch, but I would advise anyone to sit back and enjoy Keri Russell and all of her hair glory. The other film, P.S. I Love You, will rip your heart out and put it back in a new found place that you never knew existed. I want to buy both soundtracks. The P.S. I Love You soundtrack hosts the Pogues! Listen for our fave Pogue song during the bar memorial scene. It’s brilliantly placed in the film.

Well, I’m tired of typing. I will start posting every day (well every other day.) I promise to keep it updated. Gus, Gus, Gus!

No comments: