Money Pit
Have you ever seen the movie Money Pit? Lately, I have been feeling Walter's (Tom Hanks' character's) pain. Even though we don't a house, but it has been more of Money Pit situations. The Altima has been devouring our tax return every weekend. We have been feeling the car pains every Sunday and now it is time for house pains (because that is natural progression of things.) For the past few days, every time we had the air conditioner going full blast and we went upstairs it felt like Hades on a sunny day. Great! Our air conditioner is broken!

So... our plan was to turn off the air conditioner overnight and then in the morning to turn it back on (because that would fix it.) We carried out our plan last night and this morning. I came home during lunch and it still was not working. I called the townhouse's maintenance number and they sent someone out to 'fix' the problem. So when I got home, Kris informed me that they had stopped by and said that the freon was out and the pipes had frozen. Of course it did! At least, we don't have to pay for this repair, this time. It got me thinking about when we have a house and all that we have to look forward to. And... I have to admit that my parents were right when they told me to "Save for the rainy days." I just hope we can loose the Money Pit syndrome soon. So..Tag your it! You can have it.

No comments:
Post a Comment