Think mucus is funny, but it's really snot.

Wikipedia defines a cough as a sudden, often repetitive, spasmodic contraction of the thoracic cavity, resulting in violent release of air from the lungs, and usually accompanied by a distinctive sound.

I agree with the violent part and the distinctive sound. I have had this harsh cough for the past few days. Late Friday afternoon it progressively got worse. I thought it was all from having the fan blowing at top speed towards me every night due to the air conditioner being out (see previous blog.) However, Friday my chest felt like it had fluid in it. I will save you from reading about what happened after I drank a Diet Coke. So needless to say, I was down for the count. I have been coughing so much that my throat was swollen and at times I could barely speak.

I had been taking Sudafed and Robitussin, which later I found out wasn't helping because it was drying the mucus instead of breaking it down (thanks Mom.) So Kris went to Walgreen's and bought me Mucus Relief. It hasn't all in the name. I am starting to recover. I can already tell a difference in my chest when I breathe out, no weazing like before. So, if you start coughing and you don't have a head cold, then check out the pills called Mucus Relief at Walgreen's for $7.99. It has the Jenny stamp of approval.

No comments: