Pattycake, Pattycake

I'm not a chef or even a cook for that matter. However, I do love to BAKE. Baking combines two of my favorite things: creativity AND sugar! I think I could rock a cake decorating class some day. I have so many cake ideas... but the thing about cake decorating is that you always end up with lots and lots of cake. We definitely do not need any extra cake lying around mocking me until I consume it all. So for now, I will have to observe cake from a distance. I window-shop websites and watch Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, and Amazing Wedding Cakes to get my sugary fix.

The other day my mom made a red velvet cake for the Lambuth girls' basketball team. She let me frost the cake. Of course, I wanted to pipe something out. We started laughing about our techniques and then while spreading the frosting a cake divot popped up. Mom so graciously took over (not really, but she kept making me move over) to show me how a PRO does it. Then, vindication - she smoothed a section of the cake and it looked like the 4th of July. An explosion of RED crumbs everywhere. I guess we both will have to enroll into that decorating class. Here are some cool cake creations from Bakerella. I have been enjoying her blog for about a year now. I bet she knows how to spread cream cheese icing.



photo credit: bakerella

No comments: