Reality Shows: I Will Survive

I am fan of some Reality TV, probably more than most people. I freely admit it. I watch Project Runway, Top Chef, Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother, America's Next Top Model and Bachelor (guilty pleasures) etc. I got back into Survivor last season and got hooked on it again. This season delivered the best episode of the series this past week. Amy Kauffman put it the best for me, "I'm not sure if this week's episode of "Survivor" could have been any more fulfilling. Everything I've been waiting for finally came to fruition, and I couldn't stop grinning throughout the entire hour." Russell, as a player, has been playing this game better than even the original Survivor Richard Hatch. When he found the Immunity Idol for 3rd time without a clue - I seriously laughed out loud! The tie-breaker/blind side vote was great, but what was even better was watching the voted out contestants (Galu tribe members who were also blind-sided) laughing and commenting throughout the tribal council. It was great TV! I can't wait for Russell to pull out the idol again. I really hope he keeps is mouth shut long enough to truly upset the remaining Galu tribal members. 

In other Reality TV news, we have winners for two other shows. One winner will continue to work and the other will go back home after her 15 seconds are over. I'm talking about Project Runway's winner Irina Shabayeva, aka Mean-A-Irina and America's Next Top Model's winner Nicole Fox respectively. I really wanted to see Carol Hannah win, but I will admit Irina delivered luxurious clothes each challenge. The Bryant Park show was okay, but it lacked the fierceness of Christian Siriano's season. ANTM bucked tradition this cycle in picking the semi-talented model over the storyline model. Typically, they pick someone who can in Tyra's mind push her own agenda onto the public. However, 5'7" Nicole beat out Laura Kirkpatrick, who had the Cinderella storyline going. She's a little country bumpkin who's grandmother makes all of her clothes and has dyslexia (in case you haven't heard) who was transformed by Tyra's fairy dust and now has the confidence to pose and deliver a horrible Cover Girl commercial, and smize from H2T. I think the only reason why I watch ANTM to see what else and who else they can offend by their challenges. I wish I could chat with Michael Slezak about these winners. If you are an American Idol or just Reality TV Show follower in general, his sarcastic commentaries are a must watch. I watched Idolatry for a while and now his new show Realite. Note: if you check them out - watch them in order. Next up: Top Chef, start placing your bets now.

No comments: