Ride the Swell... this Season

The Swell Season (or as I call them - my best buds) have released another album called Strict Joy. Kris and I bought the Deluxe Edition, of course. They are so passionate about love and the journey that we all call "Life." Their songs will strike a chord with anyone. We have seen them in concert once together in Louisville, KY with his sister Sarah. Then, we were planning to see them for our 2nd anniversary last year, but Kris unexpectedly had to go on a business trip. So, my sister filled in for Kris and enjoyed the show at the Ryman. They were AMAZING! We actually met them after the show. They are very down-to-earth and generous with their fans. I shouldn't be surprised by how many people are discovering and recognizing their talents (they did win the Oscar in case you forgot for Once). I have been listening to them and The Frames, while driving back and forth to Jackson. Good times!


I am in awe of Glen's voice. He is the most emotional singer I have ever heard. I love his stories and humor. If your heart doesn't hurt when you hear him sing "This Low," then you aren't alive. Another song that gets me every time is "Say It To Me Now." Markéta Irglová's voice is very soothing and pure as well. When she takes the lead on "All the Way Down, she puts me in the most solemn and happy mood. Glen sings it well too. I love that even my American Idol Kris Allen sang "Falling Slowly" on Idol this past season bringing Swell Season to a whole new audience. (Sidenote: this is also my Kris' ringtone on my phone) I wanted to share some videos of my best buds, Glen and Markéta. Yeah, we are best buds since I met them in Nashville... Enjoy!


The Swell Season holds a private performance in The Room Live. Special introduction by Matthew Perry.



HIMYM's Jason Segel crashes L.A. Swell Season concert, offers himself up for a date.
315-329-6673, call it if you need me...



"Low Rising" - Beautiful new video from The Swell Season


No comments: