My Life List
So I have referenced and spoken to many people about "My Life List." It has been a staple in my life for so long. I used to write them all down, but now the list is too long. However, I thought about my list today and wanted to see how far I have come. I try to make new goals/items every birthday. I can't find my old lists so I have decided that I am going keep an online list to keep up with them all. So… in no particular order My Life List to live life to the fullest.
1. Ride a horse and not fall off (strangely I have never done this)
2. Read the entire Bible - halfway through at the moment
3. Learn how to apply eye liner – (Jenny G.’s mom taught me freshman year)
4. Meet Paul McCartney and marry him (Something tells me the second part will not come true)
5. Be a reenactment actor on Unsolved Mysteries (don’t think this will happen now, but you never know…) and get my SAG card
6. Obtain my High School degree, 4 year College degree, MBA, PHD (hmm.. working on MBA - 3 out 4 ain’t bad)
7. Learn how to wink – still practicing this one in the mirror
8. Learn how to speak a foreign language (I learned some Mandarin Chinese, but not fluently)
9. Fall in love – I have found and fallen in love
10. Fall out of love – done..strange one I know, but I think we can’t value love until we know what it feels like to loose it
11. Have babies – I will only have 3, hopefully no twins – thanks Mom for that gene!
12. Win an Oscar for a screenplay (I will take one for anything, but screenplay is my best bet)
13. Meet a President while in office – Met George H. Bush after selling the most girl scout cookies in Tennessee
14. Work a campus job & post office – I combined these my senior year in college
15. Get Married – September 30, 2006
16. Give a talk from the pulpit
17. Go skydiving with a Kermit the Frog doll
18. Learn how to jump rope for 15 minutes without tripping
19. Learn to hula – yeah I have given up on this one
20. Write a book and get it published – my mom did and so can I
21. Write a song and hear it sung by someone with clout
22. Learn to ballroom dance
23. Appear on the 10 o’clock news – yeah... it wasn’t pretty
24. Sit in Elvis’ chair in the jungle room at Graceland – hee hee my brother and I didn’t know anyone would mind
25. Get back stage at a major concert – Paul McCartney’s concert sang “Knock Three Times” with Tony Orlando, spoke to Alice Cooper and his wife
26. Get into a concert for free – Mary and I at Pavarotti, fun times!
27. Watch a television show being filmed
28. Order the entire menu from Room Service – Sarah and I came close when we stayed in Alabama’s (the band) hotel room, of course they paid the bill and didn’t know about it.
29. Watch all my fave shows on DVD in sequence – so far, Friends, My So-Called Life, Gilmore Girls, Dawson Creek, Once and Again, Malibu Shores, 90210 Seasons 1 & 2 are done – will begin Scrubs and Seinfeld sometime soon.
30. Dye my hair – if my sister had her way it would have been done years ago, I want to go jet black for a day
31. Land on game show – came very close, I was a semi-finalist with Wheel of Fortune
32. Sleep on a side of highway – not really, but I did once (I thought I was camping – long story)
33. Learn how to do that guy thing with your fingers and make noise
34. Learn to spit and whistle
35. Cook a Thanksgiving dinner and not have everyone die of food poison
36. Sell a painting (I have had offers, I just can’t let go)
37. Run a marathon (Is it cold outside?)
38. Visit every continent and get a stamp in my passport
39. Visit every state and take my picture in front of every state sign and make a coffee table book, I have a couple already but I wonder when I will get Alaska’s
40. Build a table – I always saw my granddad build things
41. Bowl a perfect game – came very close in college
42. Learn the "official" rules of Football, not the ones I make up
43. Go on many mission trips to other countries
44. Eat something exotic, without throwing up
45. Drink a glass of milk – I will have to be out of my ever loving mind of course
46. Sing karoke with my sister and get a standing ovation of applause - We have the song down "Tell Him" Barbra Streisand and Celine Dion - now to just find an audience who appreciates it.
47. Make up a slogan or catchy phrase and have 100 people say it in their everyday conversation
48. Make my parents proud – I think I have had my moments through the years
49. Learn all of the elements on the periodic chart – one moment in time I did, but I had to make room for more important information in my brain
50. Write an article for a major city’s newspaper
51. Let go of the security blanket – yeah still going strong with the orange blanket
52. To keep a plant a live for more than a year – still working on this one, made it almost 9 months thus far
53. Learn to ski (water and snow)
54. Row a boat gently down the stream
55. See New Year’s ball drop and the Thanksgiving Parade in NYC
56. Keep a New Year's resolution - It finally happened, Checkbook recording!!
57. Find my soulmate - done, but I think you can have many mates who "get you."
58. Make new friends, but keep the old. Thanks Girl Scouts!
59. Change a tire on a car
60. Appear on television with Oprah or with Martha Stewart
To be completed and continued as the years progress. Make your list today and live life to the fullest!

No comments:
Post a Comment